Skip to content
- The snow and ice snapping sharply; the loud, percussive crack as you walk on frozen/thawed/frozen/thawed ice
- makes me think of the creak and crack of the floorboards of a wooden-hulled ship, the way they would heave and twist against one another in the humidity and salt water of the
- warm waters of the southern coast.
- The rocking, pitch and roll of any sailing vessel, whether canoe, sloop, or duck boat.
- How the fresh-fallen snow glitters and sparkles, frozen moments of dew.